PULASKI COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
NOTICE OF VACANT PULASKI COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applicants to be considered for appointment to the Pulaski County Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Pulaski County Board of Education representing,Educational Division #4 for the Pulaski County School System. This vacancy was created by board member resignation.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190 (2), this appointment is effective until the end of the elected term of 2018.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Pulaski County Public Schools.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old.
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years.
- A registered voter in the district and voter precinct of the vacancy, Pulaski County Educational Division #4.
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws.
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of schools.
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs for the district.
- Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports.
- Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Applications should be completed and mailed by June 27, 2017.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 6-15 working days after this mail date. All qualified applications received before the interviews are scheduled will be considered.
Application forms for this position are available from:
- The Pulaski County Board of Education Central Office at 501 East University Drive, Somerset, Kentucky 42503
- The Kentucky Department of Education 502- 564-4474 or
KDE website: http://education.ky.gov/districts/legal/Pages/default.aspx
All applications must be mailed directly to: Kentucky Department of Education
Commissioner of Education
300 Sower Blvd, 5th Floor
Frankfort KY 40601
The Kentucky Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.